Friday, January 11, 2008

Of Gore, The Shock Doctrine, NGO & YOU

Dear all,

The problems of the world are too big for one person. Isn't this why we are in NGO? First of all, because together we can work better for a better world, and secondly, because NGO can show us how to improve the world in our everyday life?! At least, that is what I always have thought about NGO. It is only one's own life that one can live. I try to live my own, without getting influenced too much about Al Gore and shock propaganda, just by thinking clearly and trying to make the decisions that seem to make sense in my own life, to make the life around me a little better, or at least not too much worse.

And replacing inefficient light bulbs by better ones might not save the world, but not changing them will certainly not improve the world. Or, in my practical world, when I go to the shop to buy fruit and vegetables, I always bring my own used paper and plastic bags to put them in. One might say, it is only a paper/plastic bag, what does it help? But if I only use every bag twice instead of throwing it away immediately after using it, I use only half of the bags and cause thereby half of the pollution I would otherwise cause. One might say, but that's nothing on world scale. That's true, but the world scale is not in my power to change. My personal use is in my own hands, and if I don't do it, then for certain nothing will change.

Forget about Gore, but act in your own life. If you want to do something anyway.

Good luck with it!

All the best,

NV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home